Not all atheists (person who do not belief in the existence of any God or gods) are hostile to religion, but many do think that religion is bad. Here are some of their reasons…
From the BBC, link below
1) Religion gets people to believe something untrue.
2) Religion makes people base the way they run their lives on a falsehood.
3) Religion stops people thinking in a rational and objective way.
4) Religion forces people to rely on outside authority, rather than becoming self-reliant.
5) Religion imposes irrational rules of good and bad behavior.
6) Religion divides people, and is a cause of conflict and war.
7) The hierarchical structure of most religions is anti-democratic, and thus offends basic human rights.
8) Religion doesn’t give equal treatment to women and gay people, and thus offends basic human rights.
9) Religion obstructs scientific research.
10) Religion wastes time and money.
11) Religion has good bits to it.
[Are these reasons not genuine and valid?]
[In spite of these undeniable (even though debatable allegations,) some] atheists willingly concede to the fact that there are some good things about religion, such as:
-Religious art and music.
-Religious charities and good works.
-Religious wisdom and scripture.
-Human fellowship and togetherness