To join as a Member your organization must be a humanist organization, run on a not-for-profit basis, and it must support all the following objects:
- The advancement of Humanism;
- The advancement of education and in particular the study of and the dissemination of knowledge about Humanism and about the arts and science as they relate to Humanism;
- The promotion of equality and non-discrimination and the protection of human rights generally and in particular as it relates to religion and belief;
- The promotion of understanding between people holding religious and non-religious beliefs so as to advance harmonious cooperation in society;
- To do all such other lawful things as are conducive or incidental to furthering or advancing any of the above mentioned objects.
About the Member category
The Member category is for:
- national level or state level membership organizations
- dedicated to the promotion of humanism
- open to all humanists in their state
- run on a not-for-profit basis.
For example, this category is for organisations like:
Membership fees for Members
The annual financial contribution required from a Member is 1% of the organization’s average annual income over the previous three years.
- your organization’s income for the last three years is £10,000 in 2018, £12,000 in 2019, £8,000 in 2020;
- the average annual income over the three years is £10,000;
- 1% of £10,000 is £100;
- your organization’s membership fees will be £100.
Members with over 10,000 members or receiving regular government funding can enter into discussion with the Board and Management of Humanists International to establish what support the Member can reasonably provide, either in money or in-kind, to help develop humanist organizations in less fortunate regions, using the 1% required as a benchmark.
Benefits of joining as a Member
Read more about the benefits for Members of Humanists International, or have a look at our Welcome Pack, designed to introduce new Members to the work of Humanists International.
Click to apply now