The conference is arranged under the aegis of IHEU and co-organised by Manava Vikasa Vedika and Jana Vignana Vedika. Venue: Auditorium of the Indian Institute for Chemical Technology, Uppal Road, Tarnaka, Hyderabad, India.
14 February: Darwin
- Who was Darwin and what exactly is Darwin’s Theory of Evolution?
- How did Darwin’s theory change the world?
- How do contemporary religions view Darwin’s theory?
- What are the latest developments and debates in evolutionary theory?
- What is intelligent design and does it have a scientific basis?
15 February: Galileo
- The extraordinary life of Galileo
- Galileo and the Inquisition
- Galileo’s contributions to the world of science
- Our latest understanding of the Universe
- Solar eclipses and other celestial phenomena
- The claims of astrology and the astrologer’s universe
- Atrategies for promoting the scientific temper
Conference languages: English and Telegu
Registration fee: Rs. 100 per person, including lunch and tea on both days.
For details and registration:
Manava Vikasa Vedika 9490419044
Jana Vignana Vedika 9849453977