Delegates at last year’s GA and the Romanian Humanist Conference in Bucharest, 2013
The IHEU General Assembly 2014 will be held over two days, either side of the World Humanist Congress. The General Assembly (GA) is the formal meeting of IHEU Members and supporters. (Find out more about the GA.)
[Update: Please note, all deadlines for registration and submission of forms has now passed with the exception of proxy voting forms which closes 31st July 2014. See below.]
The GA will be held in conjunction with the 19th World Humanist Congress in Oxford, United Kingdom.
Day 1 will take place from 1300 on Thursday 07 August in the Headley Lecture Theatre within the Ashmolean Museum, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2PH, United Kingdom. Lunch and registration at 1300. The meeting will run from 1400 to 1730.
Day 2 will take place in the same location as Day 1, on Monday 11 August from 0930 to 1230, followed by lunch from 1230 – 1330. Ratification of congress & GA resolutions will take place on Day 2.
Those wishing to attend these events must register in advance. Please use the form below. Registration for the World Humanist Congress does not include automatic registration to IHEU’s General Assembly.
Forms are available below to make nominations to fill the positions of 2 Executive Committee members (“EC Nomination Form 2014”), and to declare proxy votes on behalf of an organization.
EC Nomination Form 2014
Proxy voting form 2014
Member Organisations may also propose resolutions, or nominate candidates for the International Humanist Award and the Distinguished Service to Humanism Award – both of which will be awarded at the Congress dinner. See the schedule below.
[Registration is now closed and the web form has been disabled]
Deadlines for the 2014 GA
- 7th May 2014: Resolutions for the Congress: Member organisations (which are in good standing 2014) may submit items for discussion or resolutions for the Congress. Please make submissions by email to [email protected] – to be received 90 days before the date of the GA.
- 6th June 2014: Resolutions for the General Assembly: Member organisations (which are in good standing 2014) may submit items for discussion or resolutions for the General Assembly. Please make submissions by email to [email protected] – to be received at least 60 days before the date of the GA.
- 23rd June, 2014: Nominations for elections to the IHEU Executive Committee must be received by IHEU 45 days before the General Assembly at the latest – emailed to [email protected]. The nominating organisation (which must be in good standing – which means that they have paid their 2014 dues) must complete a form and the candidate must accept the nomination. There are 2 places available on IHEU’s Executive Committee.
- 23rd June, 2014: Call for nominations for the 2014 International Humanist Award and Distinguished Service to Humanism Award: to be presented at the Congress dinner. The International Humanist Award recognises outstanding achievements and contributions to the progress and defence of Humanism. The Distinguished Service to Humanism Award recognises the contributions of Humanist activists to International Humanism and to organised Humanism. The names of recent recipients can be found on the website. Nominations should be emailed to [email protected], with the name and full contact details of both the nominee and the nominator, award being nominated, name of the Member organisation making the nomination and details of the nominee’s work and contributions to Humanism.
- 27th June 2014: Registration for the General Assembly: Everyone attending the GA must submit a registration form 40 days before the GA. Please see the web form above to submit your registration. Those who are entitled to attend the GA are representatives of Member Organisations in good standing (ie who have paid their 2014 dues). Also able to attend as observers are paid up Individual Supporters and other members of Member Organisations in good standing. All delegates who register by the due date will receive an email, by 07 July, giving a password so that they can access the GA agenda and papers from IHEU’s website. There may not be places available for those who do not book by the due date.
- 27th June 2014: Member Organisations are asked to send a one-page report of their activities in 2013 to [email protected]. Any received by 27th June will be included in the GA papers. (No late reports will be included.) MOs will not be required to give verbal reports at the meeting.
- 31st July 2014: Proxy votes: Member Organisations who are in good standing 2014 and who are not able to send a representative, may nominate a proxy to vote on their behalf. The proxy shall either be a representative of another member organisation who has registered in time, or the chair of the meeting. The proxy vote form (see above) must be submitted at least one week in advance of the GA, to [email protected].