The IHEU General Assembly 2016 will take place on Sunday 22nd May 2016, in Valletta, the beautiful fortress city and capital of Malta. The GA will take place from 0900 – 1700 at the Grand Hotel Excelsior (excelsior.com.mt). The hotel is located on the edge of Valletta, and there are a number of smaller inexpensive hotels in the area.
A weekend of Humanist events in Malta
The IHEU GA is part of three days of humanist events in Malta, including:
- Friday 20th May: General Assembly of the European Humanist Federation
- Saturday 21st May: Conference of the Malta Humanist Association, and General Assembly of IHEYO
- Sunday 22nd May: General Assembly of International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU).
See our Event page “Humanists in Malta” for information on the whole weekend.
We hope that many of you will choose to attend all three days of events and enjoy a weekend of humanist networking, debates, discussions and socialising in a sunny and relaxed environment.
IHEU GA Registration
[Update: Registration is now closed and the online form has been removed. You can contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org for any further enquiries. Member Organizations unable to attend the GA can find the proxy voting form below. For information on all humanist events in Malta this May, see our outline for the whole weekend.]
Documents and Procedures for IHEU GA
- Registration of Proxy votes. Member Organizations that are not able to send a representative to the General Assembly are entitled to a proxy vote.
[Download: Proxy voting form 2016]
[expand title=”Expand to view Documents and Procedures on which the deadlines have passed”]
- Resolutions by Member Organizations.
Member Organizations may submit items for discussion or resolutions for the General Assembly. Please email email@example.com.
Deadline: 23rd March 2016
- NOMINATIONS FOR ELECTIONS TO THE IHEU EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
The nominating Member Organization must complete a nomination form and the candidate must indicate acceptance on the form. There are two places on IHEU’s Executive Committee up for election.
>> [Download: IHEU Executive Committee nomination form 2016] <<
Deadline: 7th April, 2016
- Nominations for the Distinguished Service to Humanism Award 2016.
This award recognises the contributions of Humanist activists to International Humanism and to organised Humanism. The names of recent recipients can be found on the IHEU website
[Download: Distinguished Service to Humanism Award nomination form]
Deadline: 7th April, 2016
- Activity Reports from Member Organizations.
Member Organizations are invited to send a one-page report of their 2015 activities to firstname.lastname@example.org. These will be included in the Delegate Packs.
Deadline: 15th April 2016
- Registration for the General Assembly. Please use the webform above to register. Member Organizations are entitled to send representatives. Individual Supporters are also entitled to attend (but cannot vote). Places cannot be guaranteed for those who do not book by the due date (we will try to accommodate late registrations where possible but this may affect voting rights).
Due date: 13th April, 2016
Note: Member Organizations must be up to date with membership fees in order to participate at the General Assembly.
For all queries and to submit all documents, please email email@example.com.